Wednesday, January 7, 2009

7:365 Rain, Rain, Go Away


7:365 Rain, Rain, Go Away

Well, here we are at the end of the first week of our challenge, and I can truthfully say that I have been knocked out of my comfort zone. I tried to get a picture of rain all day yesterday, and I found out that rain is almost impossible to photograph. Water beads on the tree from the vantage point of my deck are also hard. Getting everything in focus without having a lot of clutter in the background is very difficult. The blue in the picture is a giant puddle in my back yard. I never thought that I would say this after 2 years of level 4 drought in Georgia, but I wish that it would stop raining! This is theme #249 Rain, Rain, Go Away!

17 comments:

Chesney said...

Even though rain lead for an icky day, it sure produces beautiful images, this is awesome!

jo said...

The blue puddle and green grass make this so colorful!

Anonymous said...

Your efforts paid off...that's a beautiful shot, Clara! I know how you feel about the rain. It just keeps coming here in Virginia, too.

Anonymous said...

This a lovely photo Clara. I love the raindrops dropping from the branches.

Madelaine

~Val said...

I love your puddle - it looks like a creek! This is such a simple photo but it's really lovely. Nice work - worth the wait!

mljrbg said...

Great photo. Love the colors and the blurred background. I actually the background was a gradient!! Thanks for explaining.

Sunny said...

I really like that photo! Rain makes for such great subjects (too bad our cameras don't like it much.)

Stay dry!

Candyce said...

I love the background of this photo - well done with the depth of field it just is a great shot

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, Clara! Having the same problems myself. But it this is a very beautiful photo, so your efforts paid off!

BobbieCoughlin said...

The colors are lovely, with the softly blurred background setting off the raindrops and flowers.

Anonymous said...

The DOF is amazing to me - well done!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, same here in NC... And while you may dislike the giant puddle, I love the color it adds to the photo. You've captured a beautiful shot, hard work pays off.

Anonymous said...

Everything about this is beautiful - the bands of color in the blurred background, the raindrops, the horizontal lines. Great photo!

Mia said...

A Stunning photo!!

MevetS said...

Sweet! I love the colors. And the lines across the image. Very well done.

Anonymous said...

I like the color spectrum in the background.

Sue said...

Stunning shot!!! TFS