Friday, May 15, 2009

135:365 Humor


135:365 Humor
This has to be one of the strangest memorials to an American president . . . ever. It is a big grinning peanut outside of a mini-mart in Plains, Georgia. It was sent to Plains in 1976 by three of Jimmy Carter's political well wishers from Indiana. It sat in the Plains depot for years until the owners of a local convenience store took claim, filled the bottom with cement and put it outside their store. It is the most photographed object in Plains. In case any of you are ever driving through south Georgia, I would recommend a visit to Plains. The Carters still live there in a very modest home. Theme #154.

12 comments:

jo said...

What fun!

Chesney said...

I have never seen a smiling peanut, what a sheltered life I have lived LOL This is hilarious!

barbs said...

This is too funny. What a tribute. The teeth look like his !! LOL

Anonymous said...

What!?! He and Rosalynn didn't want this is their front yard? What a hoot.....

Debra said...

Hysterical!

mljrbg said...

That's too funny!!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty scary looking! Funny though! Great idea for this theme!

Linda S said...

What a cool capture!

Anonymous said...

Strange indeed! He is such a diplomat, I'd have blown it up.

KimR. said...

That is funny, I like the smile!

~Val said...

This cracks me up! Great capture of a fun monument!

Rachel said...

That is hysterical! I'd love to have a smaller version in my yard. That grin is contagious!