Saturday, June 20, 2009

171:365 Pseudo-HDR


171:365 Pseudo-HDR
I am always looking for new ways to play with photoshop. Every week on the Elements Village Forum, there is a Be Creative Challenge.
www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48149
This week's tutorial was "Pseudo HDR" by Jeff Perry.
www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47447
I enjoyed the tutorial and this is the result of my playing. This is Kymulga Covered Bridge in Childersburg, Alabama. There is a grist mill there also.

10 comments:

Chesney said...

Beautiful results (and the composition is great too)!

Esther said...

Yours is the 2nd one posted today. I must get over and try it, too. Great colors and composition.

Rachel said...

Great shot of the bridge and the processing is beautiful. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Awesome result! And a great composition too.

I have to try that when I've got time! Thank you for posting the link to the tutorial.

BobbieCoughlin said...

This photo was clearly special to begin with; the processing really makes it shine.

BobbieCoughlin said...

PS thanks for posting the link. this looks like a technique I'd love to try.

mljrbg said...

I love the covered bridge and Jeff's tut really makes it pop!!

Anonymous said...

Starting with a compelling photo sure makes it - this is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

You addressed that technique very adeptly - the details have been brought out so well and the scene still looks very natural. It looks like a wonderful spot. Any shots of the grist mill?

DART said...

super shot, super spot!