Sunday, June 7, 2009

158:365 Trash or Treasure?


158:365 Trash or Treasure
This weekend was the 90 mile-long Old Dixie Highway Yard Sale that stretches from Ringgold to Marietta, Georgia. My husband and I took in a few of the sales. We spent a grand total of $5.25 and had a great time.
The Dixie Highway better known as U.S. Route 41 was built in the 1920’s to connect the northern states to Florida. It stretches from Canada to Miami, Florida. It was at one time a major tourist route and has been called the granddaddy of Interstate 75. Theme #336.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I probably would have spent more than you!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Top image, top idea, top frugalness and top info, that should top it off well.

mljrbg said...

Now that's a huge yard sale!! I bet it was fun!!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet there was plenty of both! You really caught the essence of yard sales.

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! A friend and I were just talking about this sale on Friday, wondering when it was! Now I know! Great shot and a frugal shopper too. I hope you got something good!

Mission4Christ Media said...

"Granddaddy" sound soo funny to me...LoL!

nicely composed!

Anonymous said...

90 miles of garage sales. What a find! Definitely a trash or treasure photo.

Anonymous said...

I've read tales about this event and often have thought it would be great to be able to "do" this sale. Your shot depicts a yard sale very well. One other commenter said it: I would have spent a whole lot more too. :D

Lorri said...

Haivng way too much stuff as it is, I'm not much of a yard sale visitor but I've thought a few times that I would like to see this one. Is the participation level pretty good--not huge gaps where no one does it? Good shot and it certainly depicts the theme well!