Monday, October 26, 2009

296:365 Hobby


296:365 Hobby
Today is the 128th anniversary of the Gunfight at the OK Corral (October 26, 1881). What better way to celebrate but with a reenactment at Booth Western Museum. Here Virgil Earp and Frank McLaury shoot at each other in the middle of the street. Earp was wounded, but Frank McLaury wounds were fatal. I choose hobby as the theme because being a reenactor is the hobby of these cowboys and because history is one of my hobbies. I drag my husband to all kinds of reenactments. Theme #149.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool - I feel like I'm right in the middle of the gunfight!

Chesney said...

I'm ducking behind the couch! So realistic, fabulous capture!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Great photo of two interesting holidays, Scares me that I knew of this fight before I even heard of Ned Kelly's shoot out with the Troopers at Glenrowan in Victoria, and it happened a year before the OK Coral Spat! Here is a link incase you are interested in Australian Bushrangers (Outlaws) http://www.nedkellysworld.com.au/
You said you like history.

BobbieCoughlin said...

Great action shot! I can almost small the gunpowder.

lijola said...

Great job on the composition and catching all of the action.

Anonymous said...

Another great shot of reenactors, Like Bobbie said you can smell the smoke.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic photo! This is one I would hang on my wall - the point of view, the smokey haze, the crouched gunfighters and the colors - so wonderful!